Sunday, March 16, 2008

Apparently it´s legal for me to dive to 18 meters now....

No but seriously. Whose idea was that?? I can´t even open my eyes upon resurfacing without wiping them off first - god forbid there be a droplet of water still lingering on my eyelashes! Not anymore my friends, not anymore.




One 17 hour day of travel, one $25 ferry ride (?!?!), two hours of most-legit-dive hater dive shop shopping, three two hour classroom lessons, two confined water dives practicing skills, and two open water dives to 14 and 18 meters later..............................and I´m a certified Open Water Scuba Diver.



I´ll make this snappy since

a) im missing sunset as we speak (I type)

b) ive spent about 4 hours on the computer today, which is 3 hours and 45 minutes too long

c) pictures really can describe better than words!

<-----setting up our tanks on the dock







<--Our first dive spot.......crystal clear Caribbean waters! No complaints. Except maybe that I was getting a little toasty in my wetsuit. Ok, I´ll be quiet now.


Definitely one of the cutest creatures Ive ever seen....just hoppin along the oceanfloor, all casual styles.




Me, being.........well, me. But underwater.

















Doing some serious investigation....






























This is Moises. He was one of the instuctors at Parrot´s Dive Center where we got certified. He was probably the funniest, kindest, most wonderful Honduran guy we met. (Thank you Jen for being obsessed with the Patriots, noticing the big guy wearing the jersey, introducing yourself and confessing your love for the team, thereby guaranteeing us longlasting friendship and jersey borrowing priveledges!!














Crouching-tiger-hidden-dragon-style-ninja-combat.................at 18 meters depth.




1 comment:

Jenny Paige said...

okay whoa whoa whoa. i absolutely DO NOT like the Patriots. Let´s just get that straight. I can´t believe I even call you my friend. He was wearing the BRONCO jersey DUH! If he had been wearing any other team that day I wouldn´t have even opened my mouth. But thank god he was sporting the Bronco colors and thus led to a great day of team diving.