Wednesday, February 6, 2008

La Playa beckons.........

Now, I briefly mentioned that we got robbed in Santa Teresa. Fortunately, when the little buggas broke into the house, they were out of luck when it came to MY electronics and important things...my passport was hidden, my new ipod nano (courtesy of lily!!) was with me along with my wallet, credit card, camera, etc... my LIFE basically. HOWEVER...they did take my backpacking backpack, and my one, single, only, solo article of clothing providing warmth: my sweatshirt (not to mention it was my favorite one from Vietnam, which you may remember appearing in almost every picture from my last blog). So although I am extremely thankful for still having the things which were not stolen, and extremely sympathetic towards the other girls (mainly Emma) who got entirely ripped off, I had a bit of a situation. BACKPACKING for 3 months with.....no backpack. And...no sweatshirt. What to do?
Solution: Borrow humungous bright orange beach bag from Emma's mom, and purchase oversized-old-man-sweater from the supermercado. Problem solved.
After the cloud forest breeze of Monteverde, Jen and I were itching to return to the beach. (Or were we just itching in general? Both with over 35 mosquito bites per appendage...)
We took a bus to Domincal, a quaint beach town farther south on the Pacific coast. It was no Santa Teresa but we did manage to have a great time...sunset walks on the beach sans romance, lots of reading, and researching our next move...








When in Costa Rica...........try Guaro? (just once though!! bleh!)

No comments: